OpenXM (Open message eXchange protocol for Mathematics):
Welcome to the home page of OpenXM.
Last update is October 27, 2001 JST.
Japanese Page (experimental),
What is OpenXM? It is an infrastructure for mathematical
We propose standards for mathematical computation
(OpenXM-RFC's). We will also support OpenMath .
The project is also making experiments to connect mathematical
software systems each other on the infrastructure.
We are providing packages of mathematical software systems
supporting the OpenXM protocol. Here is a quick tour of the OpenXM package:
Specifications (Draft for 1.1.3)
OpenXM RFC's (OpenXM Request for Comments)
- OX tags
- CMO tags
- SM commands
- Documents (Asir user's manual, Asir contrib user's manual, sm1 reference manual,
OpenXM technical report series, etc)
- If you want to add a new OpenXM RFC, please mail to
See the specification
how to describe OpenXM RFC's.
Source Distributions (RELEASE_1_1_3)
- Version of 1.1.3 is available from
our ftp site:
- Semi-HEAD branch is available from
our ftp site:
Binary Distribution by tar+gzip (RELEASE_1_1_3)
Binary Distribution by Packages (RELEASE_1_1_3)
Questions and Answers (in Enshlish) FAQ.
Questions and Answers (in Japanese) FAQ.
Papers and Tutorials
- The Design and Implementation of OpenXM-RFC 100 and 101
The WWW interface for OpenXM CVS Repositry
- The primary distribution site of asir [Asir].
- Risa/Asir download page in English (for unix, windows)
- An introductory book on a computer algebra system Risa/Asir (in Japanese)
[ Cover Page, ISBN4-87243-076-X ].
- OpenXM 1.1.1 (20000124) [ 1.1.1 (January 24, 2000) Experimental ].
- OpenXM 1.1.2 [ 1.1.2 (March 20, 2000) Stable].
- OpenXM 1.1.3 [ 1.1.3 (September 26, 2000), Current].
1.2.1 Release schedule
We are scheduling to release version 1.2.1 on November 30.